Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Be a Dunderhead


Be a Dunderhead!  No, not the old type of dunderhead, but the new type as in fans of  the hit NBC television show The Office which is set in Scranton.  In general, people seem to either love or hate this show.  I admit I had to watch a few episodes before I could decide if I loved it or hated it.  Here was a show that was alternately shocking, funny, offensive and occasionally made me squirm.  Yet, the characters are fascinating and well played, and the humor is there without an offensive laugh track trying to tell me when to laugh.  The themes are topical, and the faux documentary style is fresh along with much else about the show's style.  Watching The Office is not indulging in warm milk and cookies, it's chips and hot salsa washed down with cold beer.  I guess I'm a Dunderhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment